Did your logo just sprout a leaf? Does your sustainable brand rely on children, flowers, and the earth in cupped hands to communicate your green-ness? If so, your green business may be guilty of one or more brand curdling green marketing cliches.
Park Howell of Park&Co, the Sustainability Storyteller, helps companies tell their sustainable story with authenticity, and originality.
In this interview we cover:
- Which companies tell their sustainability story well, without the hackneyed green marketing cliches
- Big brands that are failing the “got green?” test
- Successful examples of green marketing, where the “green” in the brand name actually works
- Egregious examples of green wash, in products that have no business calling themselves green
- Whether green marketing is really dead and if we should just give up
This revealing discussion with several real world green marketing examples, ought to help you better define your green marketing strategies and bring you closer to becoming a remarkable sustainable brand.
Watch the Full Program
About Park Howell
Park Howell, president and owner of Park&Co, and phoenix-based sustainable marketing firm, as been in the advertising and marketing business for nearly 25 years, and last year received the coveted “Ad Person of the Year” Award from the American Advertising Federation of Metropolitan Phoenix. Park&Co is about more more than just award-winning ad campaigns. The agency creates movements that ignites the growth of people, products, companies and causes that dare to make the world a better place. Their sustainability work includes the invention of Water – Use It Wisely, the world’s largest water conservation outreach effort; and ecodriving program that was recently launched through Coca-Cola’s 25,000 driver fleet; Goodwill of Central Arizona, which has become that fastest growing Goodwill in the world under the agency’s marketing and sales guidance; and the sustainability story behind Resolution Copper Mining. Park&Co opened in 1995 and can be found at Parkandco.com.
- Park Howell – Sustainable Storyteller
- The New Rules of Green Marketing
- Green Marketing is over, Let’s Move On
- Got Green? and 10 Other Brand-Curdling Clichés to Avoid in Your Green Marketing – Downloadable PPT on Slideshare
- Do You Suffer from Gang Green? – Downloadable PDF