Planning to use Twitter to give your green business a boost or to run a social media marketing campaign for change? Try a custom Twitter background. Remember it is not just communication but integrated communication that makes a lasting impact on your audience.
Why create a custom Twitter background?
Here are some great reasons for creating a custom Twitter background:
- Prove that you are different. Create your own identity. Brand your business. Stand out from a sea of default blue Twitter pages.
- Encourage revisits. A memorable page helps people remember who you are and encourages people to come back.
- Practice integrated communication Visitors to your Twitter page do click through to your website. It is better to have similar colors, banners and outlay for both – your business website and your Twitter page. It is a good idea to maintain consistent branding across all communication channels flyers, letter pad, visiting cards, web site, blog, Twitter page, etc.
- Make use of the virtual real estate. Put your billboard on the background image. Use the Twitter background image to communicate your web address and interesting things about yourself.
Customizing a free Twitter background
Depending on your business philosophy and available resources, a free Twitter background can be customized simply by playing around with what Twitter has to offer. Or, if you are a DIY kind of person, you can design your background almost from scratch using PhotoShop or other picture editing tools.
Free Out of the Box Twitter Customization 101
Here’s how you customize your out of the box Twitter profile so it doesn’t like like a generic, free profile:
- Go to Account Settings, click on the Design tab, and browse the free designs Twitter has to offer.
- Select a design and hit Save.
- Change design colors to customize your color selection
- Clicking on any one of these color tiles will then display a color palette which will allow you to further customize your profile colors.
- Alternatively, you can upload your own unique image or business logo and create a tile background for your Twitter profile.
Free DIY Twitter Customization
If you want to go beyond what Twitter has to offer, but still want to stay in the realm of the free”, check out the Twitter theme designer Themeleon from Colourlovers, an awesome app that let’s you create a unique, custom Twitter profile in 3 easy steps. All you have to do is:
- Login to Twitter using via their app
- Choose your background (pattern or photo) and colors
Creating a unique, memorable Twitter background is fun, free, and great way to brand your business. However, for those of you who take your business branding more seriously, having a free custom Twitter background may not be enough. In this case, you may want to consider a professional, custom Twitter background design, which we will discuss in more detail in a later post.